Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Cuisine Review: Beef Stroganoff

Those wacky Russians. The one thing in the world they should feel justifiably superior about, and they ignore it in favor of "We have nukes", "We invented Vodka", and "We won the Cold War and gave Hollywood a cheap and easy villain". Come on, comrades! Beef Stroganoff! Let's analyze it.

Beef - By itself, this is a good meal
Noodles - Ok, we're starting to see something great being formed
Sour Cream - Getting better, though slightly wierd looking
Onions - Normally I hate these.
Mushrooms - Normally I really hate these
Garlic - My favorite plant.

Ok, so thats four things I like, and two things I hate. Much like Sushi (forthcoming review), though, this mixture becomes greater than the sum of it's parts. Hamburger Helper, the bottom rung of Stroganoffocity, is still pretty damn good. My home-made kind is even better. My wife's vegetarian Stroganoff (this is so difficult to say) is delicious. At the top of the pyramid, the apex of Stroganoff, is my wife's dad's recipe. To this day, it is almost delicious enough to entice me to ask him to marry me... of course, that would lead to gunshot wounds, so I refrain.

So come on, you Red buggers! Say it once, and say it loud! We're Stroganoff, and we're proud! (That sounds so dirty when you say it with an accent)

9 out of 10

2 Comments:

Blogger Marblehead Johnson said...

Ok, the spammers really, REALLY need to go away now. Fuck off and die.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Marblehead Johnson said...

I like to yell.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home